There are new restrictions for carry-on items that you are allowed to take with you on an airplane. Due to the recent terrorist threat on inbound American flights from Britain, the US Transportation Security Administration has issued this new ruling for domestic and international flights.
“NO LIQUIDS OR GELS OF ANY KIND WILL BE PERMITTED IN CARRY-ON BAGGAGE. ITEMS MUST BE IN CHECKED BAGGAGE. This includes all beverages, shampoo, suntan lotion, creams, tooth paste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency.”– www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/threat-change.shtm In light of the fact that authorized carry-on items are strictly limited, mineral makeup is the best and easiest solution to traveling with cosmetics. Mineral makeup foundation, setting powder and blush are all micronized minerals. No liquid is used as an ingredient in the formulations. Therefore, you stand a much better chance of being allowed to keep them with you on the flight.
Makeup Travel Tips
- Do not bring liquid foundation or other gel, cream or liquid cosmetics with you.
- Have your mineral makeup in clear jars so that security can see into your makeup containers.
- Use a see-through pouch to carry all your cosmetic items so everything is easily visible at airport security checkpoints.
- Mineral blush can be used if your cream lipstick is confiscated, by applying a small amount with water to your lips.
- Mineral makeup contains natural SPF so you it can be used if your sunscreen is taken for security reasons.
- Bring aloe powder, which is a concentrated form of aloe vera that can be re-hydrated with water and used to moisturize your skin if you don’t have access to liquid or cream moisturizers. (This is especially important when you travel since the air on an aircraft is so drying to the skin.)
- Leave all cosmetics in their original containers and make sure they are properly labeled to increase likelihood your items will make it past security.
Not only is mineral makeup easy to travel with, but it is also good for your skin and has a natural SPF. Mineral makeup is soothing, and it contains no harsh chemicals or preservatives. These manmade ingredients tend to irritate those with sensitive skin.
Follow these tips and the chances of you being able to touch up your makeup before landing will greatly increase! After all, air travel and jetlag are no friends to skin!